Jive Media Africa – General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are subject to change.
1. By registering on this site or by entering any competition and/or accepting any prize (if you are a winner), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the Science Spaza, Agent Zee and other campaigns is Jive Media Marketing and Communications cc (“Jive Media Africa”).
3. You are not eligible to participate in a competition if –
3.1. you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Jive Media Africa, its affiliates or any other person who supplies goods or services in connection with the competition;
3.2. you are a spouse, life partner, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or adopted), business partner or associate of the persons specified in 3.1 above;
4. The organizers of the competition may limit the number of times that you may enter the competition. No one shall win twice within a 3 month period.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information which you provide to Jive Media Africa is complete, accurate and up to date.
6. Any entries received after the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate in the competition, regardless of the reason for the late entry. Jive Media Africa is not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
7. The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge, presenter or organizer of the competition, whose decision is final, and no negotiations and or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
8. Participants in the competition enter and/or accept prizes (if they are the winner) at their own risk. By entering the competition and/or accepting any prize, the participants and winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless Jive Media Africa and its affiliates from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the competition, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize by the winner and/or any person with whom the winner shares that prize, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a prize-related activity.
9. For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this competition, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
10. Any prize is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk. Jive Media Africa and its affiliates are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the prizes.
11. All prizes must be claimed within two months of the announcement of winners on Facebook, Twitter or on the Jive Media Africa or relevant promotional website. Prizes not claimed within this period will be forfeited.
12. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash or any other item.
13. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply that prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
14. Jive Media Africa reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against Jive Media Africa and acknowledge that you will have no recourse or claim of any nature against Jive Media Africa.
15. If you win a prize, you hereby agree to:
15.1 the publishing or distribution of your name on the Jive Media Africa or relevant promotional website, Facebook and Twitter profiles or other media releases;
15.2 subject to your prior acceptance, participate in Jive Media Africa’s marketing activities; without remuneration due to you from Jive Media Africa.
16. Jive Media Africa will not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the publication of your name, details and/or image and your participation in Jive Media Africa’s marketing activities.
17. Jive Media Africa will not disclose any of the participant’s personal information to third parties without that participant’s permission.
18. By participating in this competition, you authorize Jive Media Africa to use your personal information to communicate with you from time to time. You may indicate if you do not wish to receive such communications from Jive Media Africa.
19. If you or any person with whom you share the prize (if you are the winner), fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Jive Media Africa may have,
19.1. you will be automatically disqualified from the competition;
19.2. if you have won a prize, you will forfeit that prize;
19.3. you will pay Jive Media Africa for any loss or damage incurred by them, directly or indirectly, as a result of the non-compliance, including all of legal costs which they may incur in taking any steps pursuant to the non-compliance; and
19.4. you indemnify and hold Jive Media Africa harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to that non-compliance.
Your privacy is important to us. At Jive Media Africa we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we really need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
(Note, we benefitted from Automattic.com who developed this policy, which we’ve adjusted and made our own. As a consequence we’re making it available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to steal it and repurpose it for your own use, just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you want, put a link to Automattic.com somewhere on your site. They spent a lot of money and time on the below, and other people shouldn’t need to do the same.)
If you have any questions that aren’t dealt with in this policy, please contact us. You may also have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data; please contact our support team at www.jivemedia.co.za.
Jive Media Marketing and Communications cc (Jive Media Africa) operates several websites including agentzee.org and Jive Media Africa . It is Jive Media Africa’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, Jive Media Africa collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Jive Media Africa’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use its website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Jive Media Africa also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on blogs. Jive Media Africa only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Jive Media Africa’s websites choose to interact with Jive Media Africa in ways that require Jive Media Africa to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Jive Media Africa gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at WordPress.com to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Jive Media Africa are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Jive Media Africa collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Jive Media Africa. Jive Media Africa does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Jive Media Africa may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Jive Media Africa may monitor the most popular blogs on the WordPress.com site or use spam screened by the Akismet service to help identify spam. Jive Media Africa may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Jive Media Africa does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Jive Media Africa discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Jive Media Africa’s behalf or to provide services available at Jive Media Africa’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Jive Media Africa’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Jive Media Africa will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Jive Media Africa discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Jive Media Africa believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Jive Media Africa, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Jive Media Africa website and have supplied your email address, Jive Media Africa may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Jive Media Africa and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Jive Media Africa takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Relationships with other websites/companies
This site may contain links to other Web sites and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites. Furthermore this site uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the site. Jive Media Africa reserves the right to offer you third party services and products based on the preferences that you identify during the registration process and based on your subsequent preferences; such offers may be provided to you by Jive Media Africa.
If Jive Media Africa, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Jive Media Africa goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Jive Media Africa may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.