Jive Media Africa completed a tour around South Africa visiting the prehistory sites that have shaped world knowledge on the evolution of life – and more recently human life – on our planet. These palaeontological and archaeological sites create a wonderful opportunity to share science with the public. They take us back to humankind’s African Origins.
Jive Media Africa produced 3 books about the sites, specifically a learner guide, a tourism guide
and portfolio of research activities. We have also produced a series of newspaper articles that have featured in the Sunday Times Travel and Food supplement and on the Timeslive website (http://www.timeslive.co.za/).
Nonhlanhla Vilakazi, a palaeo-herpitologist (studies fossilized reptiles), came along for the ride and recorded her experiences (in words, images and video clips) on a weblog.
Sunday Times Articles:
- Return to the place of origins – 8 August 2010
- What’s buried in the hills – 5 July 2010
- Fine art of the ‘first people’ – 8 June 2010
- Them stones, them bones – 7 April 2010
- The creatures that time left behind – 10 May 2010
- Nieu Bethesda
- Wildebeest Kuil
- Maropeng / Cradle of Humankind 1
- Sterkfontein/ Cradle of Humankind 2
- Nelson Bay Cave
- Game Pass Shelter