Jive Media Africa – General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are subject to change.
1. By registering on this site or by entering any competition and/or accepting any prize (if you are a winner), you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter of the Science Spaza, Agent Zee and other campaigns is Jive Media Marketing and Communications cc (“Jive Media Africa”).
3. You are not eligible to participate in a competition if –
3.1. you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of Jive Media Africa, its affiliates or any other person who supplies goods or services in connection with the competition;
3.2. you are a spouse, life partner, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or adopted), business partner or associate of the persons specified in 3.1 above;
4. The organizers of the competition may limit the number of times that you may enter the competition. No one shall win twice within a 3 month period.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that all the information which you provide to Jive Media Africa is complete, accurate and up to date.
6. Any entries received after the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate in the competition, regardless of the reason for the late entry. Jive Media Africa is not liable for any technical failure that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
7. The outcome of the competition is subject to the decision of the judge, presenter or organizer of the competition, whose decision is final, and no negotiations and or correspondence will be entered into after the fact.
8. Participants in the competition enter and/or accept prizes (if they are the winner) at their own risk. By entering the competition and/or accepting any prize, the participants and winners hereby indemnify, release and hold harmless Jive Media Africa and its affiliates from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the competition, and/or the use, acceptance or possession of a prize by the winner and/or any person with whom the winner shares that prize, and/or participation (or non-participation) in a prize-related activity.
9. For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this competition, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
10. Any prize is accepted by a winner at his/her own risk. Jive Media Africa and its affiliates are not liable, at any time, for any defect in the prizes.
11. All prizes must be claimed within two months of the announcement of winners on Facebook, Twitter or on the Jive Media Africa or relevant promotional website. Prizes not claimed within this period will be forfeited.
12. Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash or any other item.
13. You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply that prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
14. Jive Media Africa reserve the right to vary, suspend, postpone or terminate the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, for any reasons whatsoever and without notice. In such event, you hereby waive any rights or expectations which you may have against Jive Media Africa and acknowledge that you will have no recourse or claim of any nature against Jive Media Africa.
15. If you win a prize, you hereby agree to:
15.1 the publishing or distribution of your name on the Jive Media Africa or relevant promotional website, facebook and twitter profiles or other media releases;
15.2 subject to your prior acceptance, participate in Jive Media Africa’s marketing activities; without remuneration due to you from Jive Media Africa.
16. Jive Media Africa will not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the publication of your name, details and/or image and your participation in Jive Media Africa’s marketing activities.
17. Jive Media Africa will not disclose any of the participant’s personal information to third parties without that participant’s permission.
18. By participating in this competition, you authorize Jive Media Africa to use your personal information to communicate with you from time to time. You may indicate if you do not wish to receive such communications from Jive Media Africa.
19. If you or any person with whom you share the prize (if you are the winner), fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which Jive Media Africa may have,
19.1. you will be automatically disqualified from the competition;
19.2. if you have won a prize, you will forfeit that prize;
19.3. you will pay Jive Media Africa for any loss or damage incurred by them, directly or indirectly, as a result of the non-compliance, including all of legal costs which they may incur in taking any steps pursuant to the non-compliance; and
19.4. you indemnify and hold Jive Media Africa harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to that non-compliance.